I missed the ball yesterday with all the Earth Day who-ha, but the thing is, everyday is Earth Day. Well, everyday should be Earth Day.
I come from a very conservative background. My Pop Pop will roll his eyes when he reads this post because he probably doesn’t believe that global warming is happening. But, I assure you, it is. It’s incredible that every time a natural disaster occurs, I call my Mom and say, “See, now do you believe me!?”
I might be a little “hippy” for my family but this is something that is so incredibly important to me, and it should be for everyone. You don’t like coming home to a messy house, why would you want to live on a messy planet?
The question I get asked all the time is, “Well, if I, one person recycles, or eats local, or whatever, what is that really going to do in the grand scheme of things?” Um, everything! Ever heard of the butterfly effect? What if everyone thought like that? Our planet would look like a dump!
But here are some super easy ways to lower your carbon footprint and help the Earth. They’re so easy, I bet you already did one today …
1. Eat local. Shop at the local produce stand when the weather is nice.
2. Eat less meat. Go vegetarian just one day a week and you’ve already helped tremendously.
3. Walk or bike to work. And it’s a built in work out!
4. Take a shorter shower. A 10 minute shower uses about 25 gallons of water.
5. Use energy efficient light bulbs. Your electric bill will thank you.
Tags: Earth Day